As the school approaches the end of term it gives us an opportunity to reflect on the progress that has been made this year. We continue to strive to be the best school possible for every student so that we can fulfil and live our ethos of Everyone Matters, Everyone Helps, Everyone Succeeds.
- The recent letter by our HMI shows we continue to move forward in the right direction and as a school we have worked hard to raise our standards for the young people and our community.
- There have been many accomplishments with our young people achieving success across the whole school.
- Year 11 and 13 have had their Proms after all their hard work and efforts during the GCSE and ‘A’ Level exams.
- Years 7 – 10 are looking forward to their reward visit for good attendance and excellent behaviour.
- Once again the school has achieved outstanding sporting success both in team and individual sports.
- We have adopted and raised Eric and Martha who are finally in residence in their new shelter and area. We continue to engage students in Science through the real world.
- We have held another successful Rainford Summer Festival that has once again placed the school at the heart of our Community.
- We will finish the term with a non-uniform day on the last day of term in support of the charity ‘AIM’ (www.weareaim.org), plus the other chosen charities that our students have been supporting within their year groups this academic year. We are asking for a donation of £1 from students who wish to come in alternative clothing to their school uniform.
I would like to thank all the students, parents and staff for working hard to support the school in moving forward towards our goal of becoming an outstanding school.
Mr Ian Young