- Login to Rainford Connect
- Rainford Connect is our online classroom. Students and Staff can access course information and resources using the same Username/ Password combination as their current school login.
Automatic VPN setup for Staff and Students
To simplify the setup of remote connections to the school via VPN we have created an installer package that does the configuration for you.
NB – Before running the Rainford VPN your PC must be connected to the internet in the normal way.
Download the setup package below and run the file accepting all the default settings.
Once installed you should have a new icon on your desktop called ‘Shortcut to Rainford VPN’, double click this to connect into the school.
You will be presented with a connection box asking you for login details. These will have been provided by e-mail. Note:- This is not your RHTC login. After entering this, click the ‘Connect’ button.
Once a connection is established you will then get the familiar Rainford computer login screen (as below), click ‘OK’ and login as if you were working on a school PC.
- To disconnect you need to ‘Log Off’ using the start menu on the Rainford desktop then right click the ‘Shortcut to Rainford VPN’ and select ‘disconnect’.
- If you have firewall software on your PC it may block the VPN connection. Unfortunately there are many different firewall versions so you would have to refer to the manufacturer’s instructions on allowing VPN and RDP connections.
- This setup is for Windows 7, Vista, XP 32 and 64 only
- Please contact ICT technicians in school for guidance on other operating systems (such as Apple Mac) or email firstname.lastname@example.org